Defence & Aerospace is an important market for Beck Optronic Solutions, and a considerable proportion of output is directed here. BOS designs and manufactures precision optical systems to full MIL-SPECs where required.
We have extensive
experience and expertise in the design and manufacture of optical
systems in a wide range of defence and aerospace applications to
full MIL-SPECs. Defence projects include lenses and
modules for image intensified systems, night vision goggles for
military pilots, fighting vehicle systems, thermal imagers, missile
seekers, target designators, special test and calibration
We have worked on many major defence projects:
- Missiles systems including Storm Shadow, Sea
- Main battle tanks including Leopard 1A5, Leopard 2A6, Leclerc and Challenger 2;
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles including CV90, Pandur, Stryker, Cougar, Warrior, Mastiff and Ridgeback;
- Aircraft including Tornado, Harrier, Harrier AV8B, Typhoon, F-35;
- Submarines including UK Trafalgar Class, Canada Victoria Class
and Germany Type 212.
We also develop high fidelity
simulation systems - with particular expertise in the fields of
training for fighting vehicles and in the use of submarine
Night Vision Optics
We have extensive experience in
designing and manufacturing optics for image intensified night
vision systems. For many years we have supplied all the optical
assemblies for a UK based manufacturer of a range of aviators'
night vision goggles. We are currently working on a number of
opportunities with international partners for night vision systems
for ground forces.